Who doesn’t love cookies?
We all do, don’t we?
Some time back we had got a small jar of Dessert Sprinkles called as Sprinkle Sparkles. It had been lying in the kitchen cabinet safely for quite sometime before Krishna laid his eyes on it. The moment he saw something that looked like colorful candy, he immediately demanded for it.
Then we got the idea. Krishna loves cookies. Why don’t we bake some cookies?
Ha! We are not that much of a chef but we love to try making and baking new things. Experiment is a part of our cuisine just as much as it is a part of Mad about Dodo.
The spree began!
We searched a basic recipe for cookies from the Internet and we liked the all-in-one mixed fruit and nut cookies. A basic idea from the recipe and a little bit of experiment is what we needed.
We gathered all the ingredients on the kitchen counter. Here’s a rough list for you.
All-purpose flour (maida), Fruit and Nut Muesli, baking powder, dry fruits and nuts, milk powder, eggs, unsalted butter, granulated sugar, salt, vanilla extract, shredded coconut and Sprinkle Sparkles. All we needed now is a baking tray and oil for lining it up.
- Mix about 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1-teaspoon salt, 1-teaspoon of baking powder and 3 teaspoons of milk powder in a bowl.
- In another big bowl, add 1 cup of butter (softened) and mix it with electric mixer or eggbeater for few minutes. Add 1 cup of granulated sugar and beat for another 3 minutes to make it pale and fluffy.
- Add 1-teaspoon of vanilla extract and mix it further.
- Chop all the nuts, dates and dry fruits and keep separately.
- In the butter mixture, add 2 eggs one by one and beat them for 3 minutes to make the mixture fluffy.
- Pour the butter and egg mixture in the bowl with the flour and make dough.
- If the dough seems too liquid you can add some more all-purpose flour to make it malleable. Since we had no more all purpose flour, we mixed some wheat flour in to experiment.
- Add 5 teaspoons of muesli and chopped nuts, dates and dry fruits (1 cup) in the mixture. Whisk the batter in a single direction, clockwise.
- Line up the baking tray with oil. Use your palm or cookie cutters to make a flattened round cookie and place them on the tray spacing 2 inches apart. Decorate with Sprinkle Sparkles, as you please.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees and bake for about 20 minutes until cookies turn golden brown.
- Here come some yummy cookies, straight from the oven.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight jar.
- Serve your little one with love.
Whoopie! You have some great smelling cookies!